Nine things I’ve always wanted to do and haven’t gotten around to yet
The first week of classes always feels like a fresh start. Just as students are wondering about what lies ahead in order to accomplish their dreams and aspirations, I am feeling inspired to consider some of my own outstanding “to-do” items. Here are some of the things on my Bucket List – not all are related to teaching, but all relate to learning, and in my mind that is as it should be.
1. Be inspired attending a TED Talk (in person)
2. Take a chance and enter a poetry contest
3. Join thousands of other students and enroll in a MOOC
4. Step outside my comfort zone and teach a MOOC
5. Witness the drama of dining at Hell’s Kitchen
6. Mine life’s experiences and write a novel
7. Eat perfect, delicious sushi in Tokyo, Japan
8. Enter a whole new world at Burning Man
9. Hear stories of the sea on a cargo ship across the ocean
Our time here is precious and finite. What’s on your bucket list?